Thursday 9 August 2012

Models Own: Soda Pop Pink

Well crap it. It's been ages again.
Do you ever just get out of a habit and can't be bothered to pick it up? I've had an apathy for blogging recently. I have a lot to say, I've done my nails a fair few times, but can I be arsed? Pfft. Nope.
Anyway I'm here.

It's been a gorgeous day here in Suffolk. The sun has been shining, the birds have been singing and I have been stuck at work for the entirety of it. Joy. Still, I'm here on my bed with my laptop with two cats and it's a Thursday so it's not too bad. One more day until the weekend.
My birthday was last month. Yup it's August already! Where did the time go? I hauled a bunch of China Glaze polishes from the massive Sally's near my bf's house. How I didn't know it was there for so long escapes me. But it's mine now! Mwahaha! >.>

So at my birthday party I was sat there feeling rather drunk and my phone buzzes on the table. I go to check it, one buzz means an email so I was expecting some kind of spam about how much % I can get of something I didn't want in the first place, when I had a rather nice surprise! Louise from MakeUp.Etc had contacted me to say that I'd won her 100 followers giveaway! Needless to say I squeaked a bit and typed out a hasty "omg yay" email to send back and got myself another drink. Louise was so sweet, she let me pick my own colour from the Models Own website and got it sent straight to my house! It arrived a couple of days ago.

I chose Soda Pop Pink based on swatches from other websites and I can safely say it looks SO much brighter than any of the pictures I'd seen! I thought it would be a muted dusky pink but it's pretty much bubblegum. And I love it. I never would have picked it because I would have feel self conscious about wearing such a bright, girly colour but it's really pretty! Here are some pictures:



It's easy to see how deceptive the swatches I saw were, these pictures don't even look as bright as the polish actually is! You can *kind of* tell the colour on my thumb in the first picture, but really it looks so much brighter in real life!
I would like to say a big thank-you to Louise for holding the giveaway and sending me this wonderful polish out of her own money! It's very generous and was a lovely surprise on my birthday so thank-you Louise! Soda Pop Pink is sitting happily in my little Models Own collection and fits in a treat, entirely unique to my nail polish stash!

Here is clawdy, he is asleep on my bed <3 Willow just crawled underneath and I can hear her snuffling aww..

-Leishasaurus

1 comment:

LooweezBx said...

Yay :D oooh it's lovely! Glad you like it!

Awww your cat is adorable :)

xx