Monday 31 December 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge: Week 17 - Glitter

Hurray for glitter! Everything looks so much prettier with a sprinkling of shiny =3 My nails are no exception!




This is two coats of Star Gazer 118 (white) topped off with Deborah Lippmann's Stairway to Heaven.

I've been meaning to try this glitter for ages and so this post was the perfect opportunity! It's soooo pretty!  In the bottle it looks like there are two colours; orange and green but when you layer it over white the glitter looks totally different. It brings out pastel hues, yellows, blues and pinks. I love it. It's one of those semi-transparent glittery types that just glows. I love the squares mixed with the hexes! It's also a total pain to capture in a photograph >.<

I bought this in a sale on Beauty Bay a couple of months ago because I'd been eyeing it up for ages and couldn't get it out of my head lol. I paid £12.24 which was a total STEAL considering the RRP is £16. I wish I'd bought more colours! I think it's worth the price tag though; the glitter applies smoothly and evenly with no placement required, the base is super dense so the glitter is well suspended and doesn't sink to the bottom of the bottle. Also this polish is really versatile because different base colours will bring out different colours in the glitter. You'll get a lot of different looks with this one! And of course, no one does glitter like Deborah Lippmann. Yes they're pricey, but they're worth it. You need at least one in your stash.

Gemx's nails are super glittery this week!


"Filthy Gorgeous in Twilight and topped with two coats of Technic Mermaid, a lovely blue and green hex glitter. Thanks to the lovely Leisha who got me it for Christmas! I really love it, such a pretty glitter especially over black! :)"

I love this polish! I wore it in exactly the same way for a couple of Christmas parties and had tons of compliments. It's a lot more holo than it looks in photos and it's gooorgeous! So I bought more to give to my friends as presents =) I'm so glad Gem likes it but I knew she would because it really is beautiful. Holo greeny blue <3

I hope you all have a lovely New Years

-Lei

EDIT: I added Gem's picture and comment =)

1 comment:

KarenD said...

Indeed, it's such a pretty glitter, and so versatile for layering! Happy New Year!