Monday 10 December 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Week 14 - Flowers

I enjoyed this weeks challenge! There are so many variations you can do for flowery nails, so many flowers and colours to pick from. My nails are based off a tea set that I am totally in love with from Whittard of Chelsea (pretty much my favourite shop ever).


 I've been eyeing up this gorgeous floral tea set for a long time.. maybe one day I'll own it but not any time soon I don't think as I don't have the funds for anything like this.. also I don't drink tea. LOL

My peculiarities aside, this manicure took me a full play through of Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto album to produce, so approximately 45 minutes. Mind you that was after I had already done one coat of white... so we'll call it an hour.



Sorry about my hands looking dry, I've been a bit hard on them lately and I smothered them in hand cream after these pictures were taken.. I tried to take more but then they looked so shiny haha oh well.

For the base colour I used two coats Star Gazer 118 which is an opaque white. For the flowers I dotted some Natural Collection (Boots own brand) in Pink Manicure where I wanted the roses to be, then I used a small paint brush to paint the roses in Essie (urgh) Splash of Grenadine and finally China Glaze Traffic Jam. The leaves were painted using Models Own Jade Stone.

I wish I had more pinks, I think I would like some warmed toned pinks as mine all seem to be blue based. Also I think the leaves are a bit cool toned as well. But never mind! I love this design and I'm so pleased with the way it's come out. I'll definitely be doing this again. <3

There aren't any nails from Gemx this week unfortunately but she'll be back next week for more!

That's it for now, I hope you've enjoyed the nail art challenge this week! Make sure you pop over to see Alli's super cute flower nails!

-Lei

1 comment:

Buboe Pestis said...

Soooo pretty! You've done a gorgeous job on these :)

xxx