Friday 12 October 2012

Willow Worries

No nail art today I'm afraid, I'm so freaking ill it's unreal. I had a cold literally 2 weeks ago, got over it last week and yesterday I woke up with another. This time of year sucks for colds. I don't think I've actually been this blocked up for a long time, usually if I lay on my side I can breathe out of one nostril but last night omg I couldn't at all. It was a lip balm + open mouth jobby urgh I hope I didn't snore >.<
Anyway I'm posting not to share overly snotty details with you, but because I realise that I don't post enough.. I attribute this to the fact that I only actually paint my nails once a week now and because of the challenge it's always themed.. So I don't have any other nail pics to show you =( so I need to blog about something else.

This is something that is weighing on my mind a lot at the moment, it's about my beautiful kitty cat willow.
She has a lump on her neck, a fairly substantial one that's solid to the touch. It doesn't seem to hurt her but it's right on her throat. I can move it around so it's in a the skin I think..
Obviously this worries me. My friends keep telling me it's probably an abscess and will be easy to remove etc and it's nothing to worry about but I can't help but worry. It might seem silly to those of you without cats/pets but Willow is such a massive part of my life. She is always there for me. I can't even put into words how much she means to me and if anything were to happen to her... It's best we don't go there, I'm already getting upset.

She is the sweetest cat in the world, she's never once clawed at me or hissed at me, she's just a gentle soul.
So of course my mind immediately jumps to the conclusion that it's cancer and that I'm going to lose her. Needless to say I'm terrified. She's booked into the vets for Saturday morning and I'm so scared about what they're going to say. She's such a scaredy cat that I have no idea how I'm going to coax her out to get her in the box lol and I know she'll hate it..

I keep having nightmares that they had to cut her neck open and that she bled to death. They're pretty graphic nightmares too so combined with the cold I've had very minimal sleep.
Anyway that's what's going on with me right now, please cross your fingers for me at 9am on Saturday.

-Lei

PS, Just so you know Willow isn't in any discomfort or anything, in fact she seems quite happy so don't worry about her being in pain or anything x







1 comment:

Buboe Pestis said...

Ohhh honey! I've only just read my Google feeds... Is Willow ok???

Alli xxxxx