Monday 12 November 2012

31 Day Challenge: Week 10 - Gradient Nails

My how the weeks are flying by! I can't believe it's week 10 already eek! Anyway this week is gradient nails I haven't done these for ages, not since my yellow to orange gradient post. Mostly because they're a pain in the bum. But they do look pretty! This time I went for different shades of purple and to top it off I added China Glaze Snow Globe which is a gorgeous iridescent glitter <3 thanks to Alli for getting it for me for my birthday! The purples I used were Models Own Utopia, Barry M Berry Ice Cream and then I dabbed a v small amount of Models Own Purple Poppy and went over it with more Berry Ice Cream. Mmm ice cream..


 The only problem I really found was that the glitter shrank the polish underneath so I was left with a gap at the tips.. Next time I'll make sure I seal it all in with top coat but I didn't this time because Snow Globe dried so quickly and didn't feel bumpy! But then it shrank and I felt a bit cheated. Grr.

You can really see the shrunken tips in this photo.. It was day 3 of the mani but still, urgh. Annoying. And I hadn't even noticed the massive chip in the index finger before haha oops.



I liked this mani, it felt girly and pretty =) next time I might try adding pink or blue for the ultimate unicorn nails haha

Gemx did a lovely sparkly gradient! So pretty, let's take a lookie:



The first picture is natural light and the second is with a flash to make the holo stand out more =)

Here's what she had to say!
"I used Missguided Misstify as the base and then mixed some more of Misstify and some Make Up Store in Brita (purple holo) on a piece of plastic and used a piece of sponge to press the mix onto my nails. I'd been putting this weeks gradient nails off because I thought it would be a bit of a nightmare to do, but it wasn't too bad in the end, easier then I thought it would be. I want to try some more exciting gradients now :)"

Whilst doing my gradient I was going "urgh what an effing chore" then when I had finishing dabbing purple all over myself (well, in a localised area..) I looked at them and thought "not worth the effort" but then I added the glitter. Oh the glitter. And it made me think "whyyyyy aren't all my manis gradients!?" -.- so yeah I agree with Gemx here, I want to try new combinations. I love the holo in hers, I might have to try that at some point. When I'm in a very good mood lol

That's it for this week's challenge =) make sure you check out Alli's gooorgeous orangey red gradient!

-Lei

No comments: