Wednesday 24 August 2011

Glossy Box - August!

Heeey!


My first Glossy Box arrived this month! I have to admit that I thought I would be more excited about it, but I opened it calmly and patiently, taking photos at each stage so that I could do a post! In fact the packaging was beautiful and I totally didn't want to undo the cute little bow that held the tissue paper together! But yes I'm fairly pleased with this month's box =) there wasn't a nail varnish though which was a bit disappointing but there were nail-related things so that's ok! So anyway, here is my review:


Lovely packaging! See why I didn't want to undo the ribbon? So pretty!!


Here's what I got! First impressions, not bad - but where's my polish =(



AHAVA Mineral Body Lotion- Deadsea water. This is really moisturising and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, but it has a very perfumey smell - not that I mind but it is a bit strong to smother myself in!


KMS 'hairstay- style boost'. I actually like this! I'm not usually a big fan of mousse but this is ok! It smells yummy and does an amazing fizzy-pop thing in my hand! It goes through my hair smoothly (making me giggle because I can hear it crackiling and fizzing behind my ears lol) and it has heat protection which is good because I don't like to use too much product in my hair so I can use this by itself =) having said that I didn't use it today and my hair is really smooth.. I'll use it next time and compare! 



Daniel Sandler- Jumbo Jet Mascara. A mascara! Yay these are expensive to buy =O so I'm pleased, even though my Rimmel one is still pretty full. Not heard of any of these brands so far! Big brush, gives a nice non-clumpy look which is good but it takes a while to dry so I smudged it a couple of times haha! Took this instead of my normal mascara to try out over a weekend away and it wasn't bad! It removes easily with my Nivea eye make-up remover which is nice. Won't have to buy mascara for a long time!



Murad Cleanser and Toner face wash. I have to admit I haven't tried this yet. I took it with me on my weekend away but never got around to using it. I'll have a go this week sometime. I'm a bit lazy with my skincare routine.. well ok very lazy.. I do wash, but I'll use anything haha. I will make an effort with this and see if my skin does anything funky like turn purple and dance the tango.



Rebel Nails. Ok so nail wraps! I have never been even remotely tempted to try these lol. But now I have them I may as well! The colour is nice, they're a hot pink and are very glittery. I'll probably wait until something slightly special comes along before I try them, and I'll see if I get any comments on them etc. 


I hope you liked my review! If you want me to give more detail on anything then just ask! Overall I'm pretty pleased with my first Glossy Box! I'm even going to stick around for next month's despite the postage charge. =) 


-Leisha.


P.S. The nail polish I'm wearing is MaxFactor Modernist Pink - It's very subtle but has a lovely pink shimmer to it! I got this free from an Aussie party that I went to with the lovely Gemx!

No comments: